www.yogabymel.com | @melemlyn | email@example.com | (604) 240-1218
I’m a vinyasa, hatha and yin yoga teacher seeking opportunity to contribute to your yoga community through teaching yoga.
EDUCATION + CERTIFICATES:
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher, 200hr Level
- 200hr Vinyasa YTT, Karma Teachers Vancouver, with Kent Brun (2016)
- 100hr Vinyasa YTT, Blacksmith Yoga, with Randelle Lusk & Jazz Braden (2017)
- First Aid & CPR certified (2017)
- Holistic Nutritionist, Institute of Holistic Nutrition Vancouver (2013)
- 10+ years yoga practitioner: Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin & Meditation
- Completed intensive study with Megan Currie and Janet Stone
- Reiki Level 2 Practitioner
Junction 9, Lead Front Desk & Yoga Teacher November 2017 - Present
Teaching Vinyasa & Hatha yoga. Customer Relations, MBO point of contact/expert. Bi weekly cash deposit & general admin responsibilities.Order supplies and managing private pilates bookings and teacher schedule. Managing Karma Yoga program and engaging with community through events.
Lululemon Athletica, Educator/Season Key Leader
- Oakridge, Vancouver May 2016 – Sept 2017
- 4th Street, Calgary Sept 2017- Present
Excellent customer service, up-beat and energizing team player in a fast paced environment, store cleanliness and organization, handling cash. Leadership role included managing the team, daily goals, managing floor coverage and tasks, opening and closing store, contributing to community and people for store. Projects included Goal & Vision sessions, team development, community sweats, Saje Sunday Yoga, Karma Yoga in-store, Faculty Brewing Yoga, shop nights in-store & collaborations with various local vendors ie. Saje, David’s Tea, Milano Coffee, Oddity Komboucha, Faculty Brewing.In addition to my role as an educator I’ve had the opportunity to lead in-store yoga classes as well as at local & private events.
One Yoga For The People, Front Desk March 2016 - Sept. 2016
Roles included welcoming clients to the studio, checking-in clients through Mindbody Online software, handling payment transactions, overseeing studio atmosphere and cleanliness and opening and closing studio.
Semperviva, Front Desk & In-house Holistic Nutritionist Nov. 2012 - Oct. 2013
Provided information on pharmaceutical grade supplements to clients. Ordering of supplements & studio supplies, display organization, studio cleanliness, handled cash & ran transactions using MindBody Online Software. Advised guests on various styles and classes. Contributor for monthly blog.
Retreats + Events:
Living in Light Yoga Retreat, Two Rivers Sanctuary, Costa Rica 2016 & 2017
Corporate & Collaborations
- Hootsuite, Vancouver
- Zaber Technologies, Vancouver
- Juicery Co., Vancouver
- SMAK, Vancouver
- Lululemon Events, Vancouver
- Saje Wellness, Vancouver
- Karma Teachers, Vancouver
- Dude Chillin Park Yoga Collective
- Wings of Courage Charity
- Yoga-on-Draught: Faculty Brewery Co., Vancouver (program founder and teacher)
- Private clients, Vancouver (reference available upon request